Floating Palettes

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
crane

Floating Palettes

Post by crane »

I love the program, but I wish that the palettes would stay inside the window at all times, so that if I resize the program, the palettes stay inside the window. It would also be nice if the palettes could snap together. By pallets I mean toolbars in this case even though toolbars arent the right word for it.

cheers
mike
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed some typos
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Floating Palettes

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I experimented with the Transfrom toolbar, which is always a floating palette. Resizing the Window didn't move the palette. When moved off of the Toolbar to make them floating palettes, the other toolbars exhibit the same behaviour.

Each palette remembers its absolute position on the screen when you close and reopen it, which is logical enough.

Perhaps all that is needed here is to make the palette position relative to the Font Creator or Glyph Edit window, so that if you move the window, the palette moves with it.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486