Statusbar display of the coordinates of a point

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Statusbar display of the coordinates of a point

Post by William »

I like to precisely position points using the arrow keys of the keyboard.

In the Glyph Edit window, if I highlight one point, then there is a numerical indication of the coordinates of that point on the Statusbar: if the arrow keys are then used to move that point, then the numerical indication changes too.

However, if I highlight more than one point, then there is no numerical indication of any of the coordinates on the Statusbar.

This is inconvenient if, for example, I wish to move two of the points at the top of an ascender both by, say, 256 font units in the same direction.

Could you possibly consider altering this so that if more than one point is selected that the coordinates of one of the points is displayed on the Statusbar please? This could perhaps be the coordinates of the leftmost selected point, and if two or more points are equally leftmost, then the uppermost one of those leftmost points.

At the moment I have to count the movement, then highlight one of the points to check the final position, then if it is not at the desired position then to select the two or more points again and then use the arrow keys again.

William Overington

14 September 2013
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Statusbar display of the coordinates of a point

Post by Alfred »

If you click and drag to move multiple points, the 'Move(x,y)' coordinates at the left-hand end of the status bar should tell you all you need to know. You can hold down the Shift key to constrain the movement to the horizontal or vertical.
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
Erwin Denissen

Re: Statusbar display of the coordinates of a point

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You can also use the Movement tab on the Transform toolbar.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology