Role of [Enter] in dialog box.

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
Mike Thompson
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Role of [Enter] in dialog box.

Post by Mike Thompson »

I have been entering a lot of data into the Transformation tool. How many times have I pressed [Enter] at the end of a line of text? A lot! Each time I get a warning reminding me I'm about to leave the dialog box. Now I know its a MS standard but I suspect it was a standard agreed on before the majority of today's computer users were born!

[Enter] should mean I have finished the immediate task i.e. entering a single line of transformation script after which that line would appear in the script window with the new numerical or text data set.

A button named "Finished" or "Close" (not a default) might be a better way of closing the window.

Mike
Mike Thompson
Hebrew Font Design
http://hebrew-font-shuneet.com
Erwin Denissen

Re: Role of [Enter] in dialog box.

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to know you are making more and more use of the transformations.

I'll see if we can further improve that dialog.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Mike Thompson
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Role of [Enter] in dialog box.

Post by Mike Thompson »

Erwin,
Yes! I'd like to enter a kind of Override Range using Glyph Names instead of code points.

Yes! When an exception occurs I would like to see the line number from the XML script.
I have been doing most of my transforms by editing the XML script in WordPad.

I found the following caused an exception:
Override Range: $60 $B4, $B7, $2022, $2A
but when I used the Transformations dialog to select the line (so it appeared in the field below), FC did not say there was a missing comma. The script was about 160 line in length and this bug took me a while to find (especially as it was near the end!)

Glyph names is far more humane...
Mike
Mike Thompson
Hebrew Font Design
http://hebrew-font-shuneet.com