Select Multiple Glyphs in Insert Glyph Member to Composite Glyphs

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
MBear227

Select Multiple Glyphs in Insert Glyph Member to Composite Glyphs

Post by MBear227 »

Here is something that I would like in a future version of FontCreator: the ability to select multiple glyphs at once (by clicking one glyph, then Ctrl+clicking the others) in the Insert Glyph Member to Composite Glyphs window, and when you hit OK, all of those selected glyphs are inserted into the composite glyph!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Select Multiple Glyphs in Insert Glyph Member to Composite Glyphs

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have sometimes wanted to do this myself, so I would welcome this as a general improvement.

However, there is a workaround. See this Tip of the Day post.
  1. In the Glyph Overview, copy all of the glyph members that you want to include in the Composite Glyph
  2. Open the target composite glyph in a glyph edit window
  3. Make it empty
  4. Paste the composite glyph members
If you have specific needs for creating the same composite with several glyph members in multiple fonts, I am sure that we can work out a few lines of code to add to CompositeData.xml to automate the process.

Please start a new thread in the support forum if you have some specific need like this.

For example, something like COMBINING CYRILLIC HUNDRED THOUSANDS SIGN (hex 0488) or COMBINING CYRILLIC MILLIONS SIGN (hex 0489) could easily be created in this way.
Combining Cyrillic Signs.png
Combining Cyrillic Signs.png (16.31 KiB) Viewed 6637 times
I don't create Cyrillic fonts so have never bothered to add something that no one has requested, but it's not difficult to do yourself.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Select Multiple Glyphs in Insert Glyph Member to Composite Glyphs

Post by PJMiller »

I have also sometimes wanted to do this.