Synchronise Typefaces

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Synchronise Typefaces

Post by PJMiller »

I am currently developing a font which has Regular, Italic, Bold and Bold Italic. One of the problems I have found with synchronisation is that of ensuring that they all have the same character set.

I have been through many times, I now have the regular and italic fonts pretty much synchronised but the bold and bold italic fonts still have much work to do. However I still keep finding characters which are present in one font but not in another.

It would be nice to have an command to 'Inser missing characters', i.e. insert all the characters in one of the fonts I have open which are not in the current font.

This would be a huge help.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Synchronise Typefaces

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

PJMiller wrote:However I still keep finding characters which are present in one font but not in another.
I have found the overview panel in FontCreator invaluable for finding missing characters. Select the same Unicode character set in each font style, and check that the numbers match. If not, you have only one character set to compare at a time so it's usually easy to spot missing characters. Switch back to viewing all glyphs before inserting missing characters to insert them in the right order. Sort the fonts by Unicode codepoint.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486