For Supermarket Wall Signs

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

For Supermarket Wall Signs

Post by William »

William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by William »

This is a font where all of the letters and digits are designed so as to be each in one piece with the idea that they could be made in solid form, such as in green plastic with an x height of about 150 millimetres and about 7 millimetres thick and could then be mounted on walls. Words such as café, which contain an accented character, are interesting when displayed in this font.

Certainly, some accented characters are more effective than others due to the making of each letter to be in one piece being easier with some letters than with some others. The font supports English, Old English, Welsh, Latvian and various other European languages.

Please note that the punctuation signs are not all each in one piece.

It will be interesting to know if the font is ever used for supermarket wall signs. The font will also hopefully have other applications, both in architecture and in print. Maybe a phrase such as art gallery would look good in the font.

I tried it at 48 point in Microsoft WordPad using the colour which Wordpad calls Lime. At 48 point in Microsoft Paint I tried various combinations of foreground colour and background colour, including red upon yellow and yellow upon a darker red (red=204, green=0, blue=0).

The letters could look good in various materials such as in aluminium and in copper.

Could part of the inside walls of some supermarkets and maybe even some floor space be used as art galleries so as to make art galleries more accessible to people in rural areas?

Certainly the range of exhibits possible would not be the same as in a regular art gallery, yet what could be done?

William
kubik.juice

Post by kubik.juice »

it looks so pixelated :D
its good
All my ladies, lets get high!