Mandala • Circles

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Mandala - Circles

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I seem to be going around in circles. Version 2.01 fixes that problem, but now I see that dlig takes precedence over super/subscripts. I don't know if that's new.

This is a confusing topic, which is why I started this thread on precedence of OT features.

I noticed that Garava also suffers from this dlig/ordn bug, but I may wait before I update that yet again.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

This more recent topic should help:
Changing the Order of Precedence of OpenType Features
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

If you want the compiler to ignore unknown glyphs, and allow empty classes and lookups, then click the warning icon in the toolbar.
IgnoreUnknownGlyphs.png
IgnoreUnknownGlyphs.png (49.67 KiB) Viewed 10679 times
While testing this feature, I got an access violation, so it seems the current version has some issues with such glyphs if used with pair positioning. This issue will be solved with the next upcoming update.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Mandala • Circles

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This is a long overdue update for Mandala, done using the Anchor Based composition and other new features in FontCreator 12. See the first post for details and download links.

It has taken about a month to get to this first release of a new version. Spacing was adjusted using Optical metrics (also for Petite Capitals and Superscripts) to be more generous, so ligatures also needed their bearings adjusted, and some were redesigned.

I attach the OpenType Layout Definition script, which can be viewed in a text editor to see how the features, lookups, subtables, and classes are designed.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Mandala • Circles

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Version 2.30 improved some glyphs, harmonised bearings, added uppercase subscripts, added uppercase support to fraction, superscript, and subscript features, added OldStyle figures to fractions, adjusted side-bearings and advance width of standard fractions, and fixed some bugs.

Updated OpenType Layout Definition Script to include uppercase subscripts.

Version 2.31 uses Typometrics for line-spacing, added more kerning pairs for Uppercase to lowercase and uppercase to uppercase subscript, and fixed some bugs.
Attachments
Mandala Regular otlfd.7z
(20.43 KiB) Downloaded 467 times