Lekhana OpenType

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Lekhana OpenType

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Download 7-Zip archive.

Typeface Sample

Lekhana is my version of Zapf’s Chancery typeface. It has several distinctive features that set it apart — italic and bold italic type styles, as well as regular and bold, several ligatures, and the usual wide range of glyphs supporting Basic Greek, and Latin Extended character sets. It includes OpenType features for Oldstyle figures, Ordinals, ligatures, scientific inferiors, superscripts, swashes, stylistic alternates, character variants, fractions, alternative fractions, etc.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Jowaco

Post by Jowaco »

I have been informed (Joop Jaggers) that MSWord 2003 supports OpenType features. Well then; now I have the application and suitable fonts, 'Lekhana' and 'Garava' (by virtue of Bhikkhu Pesala) to type nut fractions. The only thing missing is the knowledge of how it can be done using these tools!

Joe.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

From PC Review
MS Word supports the use of the basic text and Unicode portions of OpenType fonts (OpenType TT and
some OpenType .PS fonts (look at the Font listing in Windows Control panel in icon view and you'll note that fonts such as Arial
show as OpenType). Word doesn't support the advanced feature sets of the OpenType standards fully such as those in the expert set
fonts, but Vista does have some support capabilities that Windows XP currently does not.
I think you may find that the OpenType ligatures are supported in Word — type Qu Th or sp with one of my fonts, and see if it changes — but to access the Nut Fractions you will have to use Insert Symbol, and select them from the Private Use Area, just as in PagePlus.

I see that i could add Glyph Substitutions for 1/2 -> ½ etc., which should work automatically in OpenType aware programs. This could also be done with Autocorrect, which could also be used to insert the Nut Fractions. The Autocorrect method works fine in OpenOffice, but you have to type a space to get the glyph substitution.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Lekhana OpenType

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Updated to version 1.40 with a full set of Stacking Fractions, Miscellaneous Symbols and Dingbats for Unicode 6.

Added OpenType features for Fractions, Discretionary Ligatures, Ornaments, Stylistic Alternates, Alternate Annotation Forms, Historical Forms, and Terminal Forms.

This is a tutorial about using OpenType Features in PagePlus X5 or later.

Edit: Fixed the Created and Modified Time Stamps.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Lekhana 1.51 was released, with improved OpenType features for Fractions, Alternative Annotation Forms, and Stylistic Sets. Some glyphs were added include Turkish Lira to bring it up to date for Unicode version 6.2.

The script used to add the OpenType features was added to the archive and the Layout and Contents setting was reverted to version 3 so that features can be tested in the TrueType Viewer
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Version 1.60 completes the Currency Symbols for Unicode version 7.0 and adds more kerning pairs using FontCreator 8.0.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Version 1.70 adds ligatures for fff, fffl, sf, sfi, sfy, sh, and sk, plus an Ornament feature for Chess Pieces.

Some bugs were fixed and kerning pairs were updated.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Version 1.80 adds two different coloured sets of Swash glyphs, and another colour of Initial Forms. Most users will only see these in monochrome until more applications support coloured fonts. Later, I may add alternate designs to the additional coloured glyphs.
WOFF Test in Firefox.png
WOFF Test in Firefox.png (29.84 KiB) Viewed 10193 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Version 1.90 replaces the Initial Forms feature with Stylistic Alternates and the former Stylistic Alternates are now Character Variants.

Some more kerning pairs were added.

Version 2.00 added a Randomize (rand) feature to randomly swap Capital letters with Swash glyphs. This is just an experiment for the time being. Localized Forms feature was added for Romanian, and ligatures for Dutch. Stylistic Alternates for ! and ~ were added, and the kerning classes were improved.

Version 2.10 improved some ogonek contours, added four glyphs with ogonek for Nordic, added some more kerning pairs, and improved some discretionary ligatures for bold and bold italics, which had connecting strokes that were too heavy. The Stylistic Alternates feature for Initial Capitals was fixed.