Cankama • An OpenType Black Letter Font

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Cankama • An OpenType Black Letter Font

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Cankama.png
Cankama.png (12.57 KiB) Viewed 11957 times
My latest font includes several OpenType features including Petite Caps and Ligatures. This is the first to include a feature for fractions. If the user types 1/2 with this feature enabled it will change to ½ automatically. You will need an application that supports OpenType features (e.g. InDesign) to use this feature, but any of the glyphs can be inserted from a character map.

The font also includes Initial forms, ordinals, historical ligatures, ornaments, alternative fractions (stacking fractions), and stylistic sets.

Download

Typeface Sample
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Re: Cankama • An OpenType Black Letter Font

Post by Dave Crosby »

Thanks for another wonderful fully usable font!
Aut nunc aut nunquam
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

FYI all fonts preinstalled with Microsoft Windows lack the Apple logo. I suspect it is due to the fact the Apple logo is trademarked.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Re: Cankama - An OpenType Gothic Font

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Amazing font with an impressive 1913 glyphs btw!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by William »

A very nice font.

I notice that the font includes all of the accented characters needed for Esperanto and a full set of the accented characters needed for Welsh.

William Overington

18 April 2009
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Cankama was updated to version 2.30 to replace Initial Forms with Stylistic Alternates, and to replace the existing Stylistic Alternates with Character Variants. This was necessary to avoid a problem caused by a significant change to the description of initial forms made by Microsoft. Initial forms are enabled by default and not meant to be exposed to the user, so they cannot be disabled in modern applications.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Cankama Version 2.50 added a Stylistic Set (ss01) for Velthuis encoded text, eighteen historical ligatures, four glyphs with ogonek acute for Nordic, reversed question mark and inverted interrobang were added for irony punctuation. Glyphs were modified to match the font for Sheqel, German Penny, Manat Sign, Georgian Lari, and Information Source. Spacing of some punctuation glyphs was increased, and the advance width of General Punctuation spaces was corrected to match. Kerning was improved.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Version 2.60 added a Bitcoin currency symbol, Pagoda and Stupa Transport and Map Symbols and super/subscript glyphs for formulae in fractions. Narrow glyphs like i,j,c, and z now use narrower low profile accents.