Nazra'yot

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
Yhoko

Nazra'yot

Post by Yhoko »

Oh, well, here's my first (and probably last ;) font:

(It's not yet completely done so no download - sorry)

I'm creating this font for my own fantasy race (the Nazra), so there's no way to write english, german or any other language with it's letters. Btw: The meaning of the words above is not yet decided.

Yhoko
denis martindale

How about a second font for a new fantasy race?

Post by denis martindale »

How about a second font for a new fantasy race?

How about reversing or mirroring each symbol?

In some cultures there are those called Contraires, they are rebels.

The Contraire Nazras would have their own culture and perhaps reversed font styles.

Another idea is raised or lowered symbols for other races eg the Ultra Nazras or the Sub Nazras... or just add a short top line or a base line symbol to show which group these belong to.

eg ^ above or below...

With the ability to rotate the image angles it's possible to have further fonts for races as in political affections or affiliations eg leaning to the left or to the right.

Just suggestions. The font looks impressive! It reminds me of cryptic messages so it could be used in that context even for a modern storyline...

It also reminds me of crop circles so you may wish to develop that idea into the story eg "Our ancestors worshipped the Creator and all their crops were in the fields... They fashioned His Name with these pictures of the sun, the moon and the stars... These symbols meant that they would defend what's theirs to the death..."