Open Sans OpenSource and OpenType

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Open Sans OpenSource and OpenType

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

OpenSans.png
OpenSans.png (5.15 KiB) Viewed 6071 times
Download 7-Zip ArchiveTypeface Sample

Open Sans includes ten type styles in five weights: Light, Regular, Semibold, Bold, and ExtraBold.

The glyph coverage is currently less than my usual fonts, but it does includes Cyrillic, Greek, and Coptic, with all of the Latin Extended needed for Romanized Pali and Sanskrit.

The update to FontCreator 9.1 (free for existing users of FontCreator 9.0) made the task a lot quicker than it would have been otherwise.

See this tutorial thread on Exporting a Set of Fonts
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Open Sans OpenSource and OpenType

Post by PJMiller »

The typeface sample seems to be for Pali.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Open Sans OpenSource and OpenType

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Thanks. I have fixed the link.

Open Sans was updated to version 1.30 with a full set of Arrows, Geometric Shapes, Miscellaneous Symbols, and Dingbats.

OpenType features were added for Fractions, Superscripts, Subscripts, Scientific Inferiors, Ornaments, and some more Stylistic Sets.

Kerning pairs were reduced by using class-based kerning.

Version 1.40 added custom naming fields and an Ordinals feature.

Version 1.41 harmonised the order of OpenType Layout Features and improved the Georgian Lari Currency symbol.

Version 1.50 improves the Stylistic Alternates 3, and adds smaller versions of the *.otf fonts in the Web folder of the archive. These, and the *.woff versions have 633 fewer glyphs (only a few symbols), so are recommended for Embedding on Web sites.

Version 1.51 fixes a bug with clipping of some stacking diacritics in the ExtraBold styles. The metrics of all styles was increased to match these. An outline version of the Apple Logo was added to the Light and Light Italic styles. The broken fractions feature was fixed.

Version 1.60 added Alternative Annotation Forms using Enclosed Alphanumerics from 0-20, and changed the weights of strikeout and underlining to suit each of the five weights.
Underlining and Strikeout.png
Underlining and Strikeout.png (29.34 KiB) Viewed 6016 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486