Startup updates never end

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Richman

Startup updates never end

Post by Richman »

When I launch Main type it runs a scan which never ends as it crashes at some stage and loses communication with the proxy. I have to manually stop and restart the font service and then wait for the startup processing scan again, which invariable crashes again and round and round until I decide to manually install the fonts. I use windows 7-64bit.
I bought this programs professional version so I can use my extensive font collection as I am a professional designer. This program took about a week to digest the font collection in the first place and now I have to put up with this complete waste of time every time I try to use it.
If someone can advise me I would be much obliged otherwise I am asking for a refund. I have wasted months on this.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Startup updates never end

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Richman wrote:When I launch Main type it runs a scan which never ends as it crashes at some stage and loses communication with the proxy. I have to manually stop and restart the font service and then wait for the startup processing scan again, which invariable crashes again and round and round until I decide to manually install the fonts. I use windows 7-64bit.
I bought this programs professional version so I can use my extensive font collection as I am a professional designer. This program took about a week to digest the font collection in the first place and now I have to put up with this complete waste of time every time I try to use it.
If someone can advise me I would be much obliged otherwise I am asking for a refund. I have wasted months on this.
I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

Some people use MainType with a collection of more than 650,000 fonts, so we know it can cope with a huge font library.

How many fonts do you have?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Richman

Re: Startup updates never end

Post by Richman »

only about on tenth that figure. 65,000. I cannot understand why this is happening. I am running windows 7 64 bit. I was running 32 but maintype was so slow it was unusable there too. I have to keep the config folder open to start and stop when the proxy fails.