Saving Removed Fonts

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
ARCBYH

Saving Removed Fonts

Post by ARCBYH »

With the Main Type program, would I be able to removed fonts from MS Word, MS Excel, all programs, and yet still have the font saved in a folder able to be reinstalled at a different time if desired?

I unknowingly uploaded 4,300 fonts into ALL of my programs last week. Kind of overloaded a few things :P I see how to delete them, or uninstall them, but not how to remove them and at the same time not loose them completely.
Amber
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I suggest you move some of your fonts into Groups. Select one or more fonts from the Active tab and select Edit -> Add to Group. In the Add to Group window, select the group where you want to move your fonts. You can even create new groups through this window. Finally as fonts operation select "Move".

After you have moved fonts into a group, uninstall the fonts in that group. To do so, first select the Groups tab and select the appropriate group. Then select all fonts in that group and press the Uninstall button (or select Uninstall Fonts from the File menu).

As stated in the manual, some fonts can't be uninstalled, so don't try to move those fonts.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
ARCBYH

Post by ARCBYH »

OK, I got what you're saying. Thank you Erwin.
Amber