One font -- more than one group?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
pentool

Post by pentool »

Erwin Denissen wrote:I will seriously consider a database.
Yippie! I'm already excited!!!! :D
=LES=
ak7

Post by ak7 »

so am i - with a database set-up, maintype will become the most powerful font management tool in the universe.
pentool

Post by pentool »

YEAH! MainType will crush 'em!
=LES=
Piyono

Post by Piyono »

Wow, that's great, Erwin!
With a Database Maintype will quite easily jump to the top of the font management heap.

...and if you ask me, it's REALLY about time somebody made a truly world-class font management utility.

This could be it.

]-[
Piyono

Post by Piyono »

Sorry, had a brainstorm on day 35 of my 40-day trial. :)

This happens quite a bit:
I get a CorelDRAW or Illustrator file from a client along with the fonts necessary to work on it. What I'm forced to do with Font Navigator is copy all the fonts to my offline fonts folder (D:\FONTS), rebuild the database and then sift through 9500 other fonts to find and permanently install them.

MainType offers me a great solution to this problem with the Browse tab, in which I simply navigate to the client's project folder, where only the necessary fonts are displayed, and temporarily load these fonts without having to install them.

Very convenient this is on several fronts: a) it's faster than my current method, b) I don't have to remeber to uninstall fonts when I'm done; when I restart the PC they're gone c) It makes organization a breeze because special fonts are stored with the document.

So basically what I'm getting at is, if you DO implement a database, DO NOT get rid of the Browse tab because the two features are complementary, not redundant.

Peace,

Piyono
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Thanks for the additional information about the way you use (or would like to use) fonts in your projects.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology