Font Preview text not changing...

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
pentool

Font Preview text not changing...

Post by pentool »

Symptom:
Specifying a different preview text under the "Preview Text" tab in the Options dialog, will not change the preview text.

Steps:
1. Browse for fonts.
2. In the Fonts pane, right click a font and select "Edit Preview Text..."
3. From within the "Font preview text" listbox, select either "Digits" or "Sample 1" and click OK
4. The preview text column is not changing even after I do a refresh. It still displays the name of the font as opposed to the selected preview text (such as Digits)

I hope I'm not misinterpreting this feature. My impression was that once I select, say "Digits", the preview text column will display digits as opposed to the font name.
=LES=
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The "Preview Text" tab is used to change, add or delete preview text items. Use the combo box available in the top right corner of the Fonts pane to select another preview text item.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
pentool

Post by pentool »

Ohhhh... ok. Sorry for the post. I must've been drunk and got confused...
=LES=
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You must have seen a lot of duplicate fonts :wink:

I've had a similar question a couple of weeks ago from another user, so maybe I should think about a way to make it more obvious.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
pentool

Post by pentool »

I think it's just the naming that got me confused. When you right click the preview text it says "Edit Preview Text...", which gives the impression that I am going to edit or make some sort of modification to the preview text. Then when I click OK in the dialog, I don't see no modification, so it made me think that I did something wrong and this is why I don't see the result of my "edits".

Maybe just a different naming in the context menu would help clear it up, like "Preview Text Settings" or just "Settings" or something. Either way, I don't think it's a priority issue.
=LES=