Printing Question

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Alison

Printing Question

Post by Alison »

I am a new user trying your software for the first time. My main need for this is to print a complete font list showing ALL upper and lowercase characters. In the print options I have found how to do this except for some large fonts several upper case characters are cut off the side of the page. Is there a way to decrease the font size when printing a font listing? Or is there another way to make sure that all characters are printed?

Thanks,
Alison
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Try setting your printer to use landscape paper.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Alison

Post by Alison »

That helps for most of the fonts but there are still a couple that have some characters missing. Does your reply mean there is not a way to change the font size?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

As far as I can see there is no easy way to edit the font size within MainType. I believe that one can edit the style sheets or templates in Notepad if one knows how.
Print Options.png
Print Options.png (15.4 KiB) Viewed 9032 times
If you have already discovered all of the options to change the text strings on the Print Options dialogue, reduced the margins to the minimum allowed by your printer, and the A...Z string still doesn't fit on one line, then I think that would be the only other option, unless you change the paper size to A3 landscape, print to a PDF printer driver, then scale the page to fit when printing to paper.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Alison

Post by Alison »

Thank you for your thorough reply. I appreciate the help.

Alison
Alison

Another Printing Question

Post by Alison »

I have another printing question.

Is it possible to have the font listing print with only the Font Name and not its location?

Thanks,
Alison
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The answer is the same as before. If you want to edit the style sheets it is not difficult, but you need some knowledge of CSS code, which I don't have, so I cannot help with with the specifics. I don't see any easy way via the interface.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Thanks again!
I don't even know what CSS Code is so I guess I will just live with it as is.
Thanks for your quick replies.
Alison
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You can use the Export Font wizard (Tools -> Export Font Information) to generate (and print) an RTF file. That way you can accomplish exactly what you want as you can set both font size and content.

Let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Alison

Perfect!

Post by Alison »

That works perfectly!!! Once exported I could open the Word document and then make any changes before printing.

I love it!

Thanks so much,
Alison