hello-same problem - CorelDraw X3

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
dpaterno

hello-same problem - CorelDraw X3

Post by dpaterno »

hii
I still seem to be having the same uninstall problem...
all 5 fonts that I was initially having the problem with have "reinstalled" themselves...and I wondering if Corel Draw X3 actually has something to do with it ..the program does a font install and/or substitution when you open a file that uses fonts not currently installed.

It definitely seems like some registry issue or some other "list" of what should be installed thats not clearing itself and re-installing these fonts every time I open Draw...and not even the file that uses the fonts in question!
I'll check around in Draw...I was just wondering if you heard of this before.
thanks for your time
Dan
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The suite has enhanced font matching, but that isn't exactly what you experience.

I'm not sure if this is related to your problems, but do you have ATM installed?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
dpaterno

I think I've figured it out

Post by dpaterno »

I actually have been using Fout Navigator also to find & install fonts so that I didn't have to wait for Main Type to show all available fonts.

Also in Draw, I had it set to use font Navigator's font list to install and substitute fonts

I've since disabled that in Draw

I'll keep you posted.
thanks Again!
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I've never used Font Navigator, but based on a previous post I understand it has an auto activation feature that works with Corel software. See
viewtopic.php?t=1277&highlight=navigator

So disabling FN might indeed be the solution, do let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology