System (WinXP) Re-install. Save My MT settings ?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Elmer B. Fuddled

System (WinXP) Re-install. Save My MT settings ?

Post by Elmer B. Fuddled »

Greetings Fontophiles !!
The time has come (the walrus said) to do a system re-install. I'm currently collecting together as many user settings for all the different software I have installed. Could you tell me, for Main Type do I only need to keep (save) the data located in the registry key :- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\High-Logic\MainType or should I also be saving any .dat files located elsewhere ? And if so, where are they kept. The reason I ask is that I'm sure I've saved the reg data before (maybe not :roll: ) but still ended up having to manually edit the settings. No big deal, but multiply by 100 for different software programs and it becomes a chore, to say the least.
TIA
Elmer B. Fuddled
P.S. Excellent piece of kit BTW.
León Fridsma

Re: System (WinXP) Re-install. Save My MT settings ?

Post by León Fridsma »

Yes, creating a backup of that registry key is indeed sufficient for the maintype settings. However, if you also want to create a backup of your font groups etc, please read this topic on how to do that.
Elmer B. Fuddled

Re: System (WinXP) Re-install. Save My MT settings ?

Post by Elmer B. Fuddled »

Thanks León for your prompt reply.
My not so prompt response being due to a heavy Christmas, New Year and Birthday experience HIC! :wink:
Thanks again
Elmer