Can't achieve the layout in 3.0 that I had in 2.1

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Enigma

Can't achieve the layout in 3.0 that I had in 2.1

Post by Enigma »

Hello,

I just installed MainType 3 and tried to customize the layout; I want it to be as it was in my MainType 2.1 installation - there I somehow managed to place the Sample and the Zoom toolbars side by side on the right side while the Fonts toolbar filled the complete left side (see screenshot). Now I can either have the two toolbars side by side (at the bottom) or the Fonts toolbar fill the complete left side (then the two other toolbars are placed one below the other).

Is there a way to customize the layout the way I want in MainType 3.0? I already played around a little with the registry entries (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\High-Logic\MainType\3.0\Position\Toolbars), but some names have changed since version 2.1, and I couldn't get it to work.

Cheers,
Jan
Attachments
maintype2_layout.gif
maintype2_layout.gif (31.66 KiB) Viewed 5881 times
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
León Fridsma

Re: Can't achieve the layout in 3.0 that I had in 2.1

Post by León Fridsma »

Can't get the layout you have either, could be a bug in the docking system, we'll take a look at it next week.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

León Fridsma wrote:we'll take a look at it next week.
Thank you very much! I hope there'll be a fix for this.

If there's a way to achieve my preferred layout by changing the registry entries manually, please let me know - I guess you'll collect some bug reports before releasing a bugfixed version, so this will take some time...

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
León Fridsma

Post by León Fridsma »

Enigma wrote:
León Fridsma wrote:we'll take a look at it next week.
Thank you very much! I hope there'll be a fix for this.

If there's a way to achieve my preferred layout by changing the registry entries manually, please let me know - I guess you'll collect some bug reports before releasing a bugfixed version, so this will take some time...

Cheers,
Jan
That depends on the severity of the bug(s). A smaller thing like this GUI problem is probably not a reason for a new release.
León Fridsma

Post by León Fridsma »

Due to the migration to a new development platform we had to update the 3rd party component we use for docking, but it won't allow for both horizontal and vertical docking at the same time anymore. So I'm afraid it's not possible for now :(
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Thank you very much for your answer.

If there's a chance to re-integrate this functionality sometime, please do so - it really helps building a clear and space-saving layout.

Cheers,
Jan