Deleting from file system: which font version(s)?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Enigma

Deleting from file system: which font version(s)?

Post by Enigma »

Hello,

I'm just evaluating version 4.0 of MainType. When deleting fonts in the file system, it is said that "MainType will delete the font from all the locations it knows about." I guess that only applies to the marked version of the font, not to all versions? For example, I have four Arial versions in different folders (2.00, 2.95, 3.00, 5.06). When I mark the 2.00 version of the font and delete it, can I be sure that the other versions will be left alone? I didn't dare to simply try it... :wink:

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
León Fridsma

Re: Deleting from file system: which font version(s)?

Post by León Fridsma »

Enigma wrote:Hello,

I'm just evaluating version 4.0 of MainType. When deleting fonts in the file system, it is said that "MainType will delete the font from all the locations it knows about." I guess that only applies to the marked version of the font, not to all versions? For example, I have four Arial versions in different folders (2.00, 2.95, 3.00, 5.06). When I mark the 2.00 version of the font and delete it, can I be sure that the other versions will be left alone? I didn't dare to simply try it... :wink:

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Jan
Yes only the font you selected will be deleted. Only exception are TrueType collections, if you delete one font of a collection, the other fonts are deleted aswell.

León
Enigma

Re: Deleting from file system: which font version(s)?

Post by Enigma »

León Fridsma wrote:Yes only the font you selected will be deleted.
Thanks for the information!
León Fridsma wrote:Only exception are TrueType collections, if you delete one font of a collection, the other fonts are deleted aswell.
That goes without saying. :wink:

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.