Adding new fonts to groups

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Canay

Adding new fonts to groups

Post by Canay »

I've installed MT4 and it brought in My Font Groups folder. These folders are in groups I like to use. Like Grunge, handwriting, decorative, etc. This folder was installed to the library and also show in the Groups Panel just fine.

But I want to clarify what to do when I download a new font. I have a folder called "New Fonts" where I download new fonts to. In the past, I would open MT3 and look at the new font then move it to the appropriate folder in the My Font Groups folder. It was easy.

Am I understanding correctly that this can not be done in MT4? If I add the New Fonts folder to the library, then put a new font in say the grunge group, the font doesn't actually move out of the New Fonts Folder into the Grunge Folder?

If this is so, I need to rethink my work flow. Would it be to look at the new font in Windows and move it to the appropriate folder. Then open MT4 and have it refresh the My Font Groups folder? This seems a step backwards to what I was doing in version3. But maybe I am just misunderstanding how version 4 works.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Adding new fonts to groups

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Its best to ignore Windows Explorer, and just use MainType to organise your fonts. If you add new fonts to your library, you can just drag and drop them from there to add them to any group, or use Ctrl C, Ctrl V to copy paste fonts from one group to another.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Canay

Re: Adding new fonts to groups

Post by Canay »

OK thanks.