MainType 4.0 freezes while Processing Font Operations

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
rjrober

MainType 4.0 freezes while Processing Font Operations

Post by rjrober »

This is the second time I've installed MainType. The first time, I got about 25 days in and the SSD I was using for my primary drive failed, so I had to start from scratch. I experienced this problem a bit the first time around, but now I've got it happening just about every time I try to interact with the program.

The issue is this: When I am performing routine font operations (loading, uninstalling, etc.), about 50% of the time, the progress indicator window in the bottom right corner opens, but it does absolutely nothing. For instance, I'm currently looking at the screen and it simply says
Uninstalling font 0 of 44
0 failed
Last:

And it's been hanging that way for 45 minutes. Now, in the meantime, if I try to do anything complicated, like search, or perform font operations, the "loading" window comes up and the progress indicator spins endlessly. After a few frustrating minutes, I have to shut the program down and restart. Usually, though, unless I reboot the computer, if I restart MainType it will simply pick up on whatever operation caused the "loading" window to pop up. Any ideas?

System: Win7, Quad Core, 8GB Ram.

I'm on day 23 of my trial now, and I'd like to get this problem rectified so I know if I ought to purchase a license or not. I like the functionality of the program, so I REALLY want to get it working right.

Thanks!
Robert
León Fridsma

Re: MainType 4.0 freezes while Processing Font Operations

Post by León Fridsma »

We've had this issue mentioned only once before but it happened very randomly. If possible we want to investigate this problem with you, I have just sent you an e-mail with further information.
tim

Post by tim »

hi

we got the same problem :(

system is win7x64 and we always need to reboot the machine when maintype freezes..

do you have a solution?

regards
tim

Post by tim »

hi

nobody here?
It's very urgent because we cant use this program to work anymore.. :(

please help us
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I will send a link to the upcoming MainType 4.5 tomorrow. That version has numerous bug fixes, and I'm positive your issue is solved as well.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Do update to MainType 4.5 that fixes this issue.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology