Complex Fonts

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
ToMo

Complex Fonts

Post by ToMo »

Hi,
recently I had the chance and time to import my former font groups into MT4 with the import utility and everything went fine there. Thanks to the MT support here! :D

Now I ran into another issue: Fonts that were formerly displayed fine in MT 2 & 3 are now blanked out (name is struck through) and in the text sample field a note appears "font too complex". Now, from a technical POV this is OK of course (if it's too complex for the software, that's it), but from a user's POV it is quite unsatisfying, since it is unavailable in the most recent font manager, while its predecessors could handle that.

I hope there is a solution to this...

Thanks
Thomas

P.S.: A merry christmas and a happy new year for all of you here - and especially the MT team!
León Fridsma

Re: Complex Fonts

Post by León Fridsma »

Hi Thomas,

If the message "Font too complex" is shown, it means that MainType has detected that the font will slow down MainType and probably your entire system if it needs to show it when you are browsing through your font lists. You can still show the font by clicking the "Show anyway" button in the glyph window. The font can also still be loaded and/or installed as usual.

León