Autostart MT minimized?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
ToMo

Autostart MT minimized?

Post by ToMo »

Hi,
recently I tried to put MT (v.4.5) in my Autostart folder (WinXP SP3) to have it always available at system startup. The one thing that bothers me though, is that it always starts in normal window mode. I tried to select the "start minimzed" option in the "properties" tab of the MT link in the Autostart folder, but to no avail.

A Google search revealed that this works for many, but not all programs, since it is up to the programmer whether his software uses this option or not (i.e. not a Windows problem per se, but of the individual application). Could it be that MT is among the programs not using this option?

In any case, I'd need a way to automatically start MT minimized (to tray) when Windows boots.

Any ideas?

Thanks
ToMo
Erwin Denissen

Re: Autostart MT minimized?

Post by Erwin Denissen »

ToMo wrote:Could it be that MT is among the programs not using this option?
That is correct. Right now there is no way to accomplish this, but I'll make sure the upcoming release of MainType 5 will obey the "start minimzed" option.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
ToMo

Post by ToMo »

Erwin Denissen wrote:That is correct. Right now there is no way to accomplish this, but I'll make sure the upcoming release of MainType 5 will obey the "start minimzed" option.
Thanks for the info. Is there an approximate release date known, and which version of it will be (v5.2, since 5.1 is the current one)?

Thanks
ToMo
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Probably version 5.1 as the changes will be minimal.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We've just released a minor update (MainType 5.1.1.687) that supports starting MainType minimized.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
ToMo

Post by ToMo »

Thanks for the info!