OOPS! error on startup

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
joolaprime

OOPS! error on startup

Post by joolaprime »

Hi, loaded up maintype today and received this error:

Code: Select all

TPrunerWorker.Failed to perform query: sqlite3_step failed: database disk image is malformed
Maintype then closes. Don't think I've been messing around with anything. Does anyone know how this happens and more importantly how to fix it?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: OOPS! error on startup

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I suggest uninstalling MainType, removing the databases when asked if you wish to, then reinstall and rebuild your font libraries.

If you have tens of thousands of fonts or don't want to do that for some reason, then wait for a reply from Erwin to see if there's a solution that doesn't require rebuilding the font database.

In my case, with only about 3,000 fonts it is not a time-consuming task to reinstall and rebuild the database.

From the error message, it looks to me as if some disk error occurred (old or failing hard disk, or a power interruption perhaps?)
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
joolaprime

Post by joolaprime »

Thanks for your reply

I'd prefer not to rebuild but if that's the only answer.

The drive it's on is less than a year old so I hope its not dying and I have a UPS so I doubt that's the issue. I ran quite an aggressive virus scan after the last time I closed MainType...I hope it's not related.

Again, thanks for the reply.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I'm sorry to hear you've been having this issue with our software. A complete reinstall will indeed solve the problem, but you will loose all your custom groups, and ratings if you assigned those.

We might be able to solve the problem, but it requires access to your computer. I'll contact you to discuss this further.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology