Duplicate listing with only one font

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
cpking

Duplicate listing with only one font

Post by cpking »

I have gone through and deleted duplicate font files from my system. I then refresh folders, but multiple listings for a given font are still shown. Am I missing something, or should refreshing the font folders take care of this?
Erwin Denissen

Re: Duplicate listing with only one font

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It actually works the opposite way. When MainType locates fonts, they are added to the Vault. Deleting them from the file system won't remove them from the Vault. A refresh from the Font Folders will only add new fonts; deleted fonts will remain in the Vault.

To delete them, select them in MainType, right-click, and select Remove. Then choose between the three options:
RemoveFonts.png
RemoveFonts.png (43.14 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
Delete font(s) from all known file system locations
MainType will delete the font from all the locations it knows about. The font will however still be available for installing, loading and uninstalling

Remove font(s) from MainType
The files on the harddisk will NOT be removed, but the font is removed from the library and will be ignored if it is found again in a folder

Remove font(s) from MainType and all known file system locations
The font(s) are deleted from the harddisk and the library and will be ignored if it is ever found again.

Note: You can't remove installed fonts, so first uninstall them.

If you removed fonts from MainType, they are actually still available, but hidden from your font library. To undo this, go to the Ignored Fonts dialog, and unignore the fonts.

If you removed fonts from your hard disk and want them back, select them in MainType, and right-click to Export them back to your file system.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology