Font size in printing

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Shanafeg

Font size in printing

Post by Shanafeg »

I'm working with an evaluation copy of MainType to see if I want to purchase it to replace my old Font-ABC which is incompatible with 64-bit Windows. I'm trying to figure out how to change the size of the fonts in the printed font lists and the printed character maps. The on-screen versions of both can be easily changed, but the printouts seem to be hardwired to a standard size. I can't find anything about changing the printout sizes in the PDF manual for the program.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Font size in printing

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

There is no way to change the font size as far as I know.

However, you can change the paper size, and by printing to a PDF printer driver with A5 you get fewer character cells to a sheet or more if you print to A3. This PDF can then be scaled and printed to A4 to get larger or smaller printouts.
Attachments
Kabala Semibold A5.pdf
(315.3 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Shanafeg

Post by Shanafeg »

Thanks! (Though that wasn't what I wanted to hear...)
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Feel free to suggest new features, or improvements to existing features!

The more specific, the more likely other people will respond. We don't always implement what is requested, but we certainly do listen to our customers, and it helps if more people ask for the same feature.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology