Library & Font groups

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
sam tosha

Library & Font groups

Post by sam tosha »

I'm new to Maintype 6. Used to work with version 2.

I have two questions

My Maintype library is filled with about 8000 fonts. I can't remember if Maintype while installing asked me to point out my font library folder, but this folders consist of round and about 12.000 fonts. Can anybody tell me where you can set the library folder?

Secondly, in Maintype 2 you could specify the location of groups and while adding fonts choose between copying the font or making a shortcut. Where are the groups in Maintype 6 located and are the fonts being copied or are shortcuts placed? I actually would prefer to direct Maintype 6 to the fontgroups I have made with version two so I won't have to make new groups for every project I'm working on.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Library & Font groups

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Tools, Font Folders to add more folders and create groups automatically from them if you wish.

I think the information for the Groups is stored in C:\ProgramData\High-Logic FontService\
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
sam tosha

Post by sam tosha »

Thanks for your reply,

Am I right that Maintype doesn't make a group from a folder containing shortcuts to the actual fonts?

My High-Logic FontService folder is located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\High-Logic FontService

and consist tree files, no group folders
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

sam tosha wrote:Am I right that Maintype doesn't make a group from a folder containing shortcuts to the actual fonts?
That is correct. MainType only looks for actual font files.
sam tosha wrote:My High-Logic FontService folder is located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\High-Logic FontService

and consist tree files, no group folders
MainType is database driven, so all is stored inside database tables, which in turn are stored in those files. You can't access that information directly.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology