fonts not available in premiere

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Gethin

fonts not available in premiere

Post by Gethin »

version 5.1: I used to be able to install the font as opposed to loading it in order to force premiere to see a font without restarting the software. In windows 10 this does not appear to work. I have to restart the software (which can take an age with a big project). I've just spent a day testing other font management programs and main type beats them all for stability and speed, just need to sort this wee thing out.
Erwin Denissen

Re: fonts not available in premiere

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Unfortunately most people don't know MainType is indeed one of the few really good font managers!

Since we don't have premiere, it is hard to find the cause of this. I suspect it is a bug/flaw within premiere.

Do the other font managers work better with it? If not, then it is certainly not a MainType issue; then we suggest you contact the vendor of premiere.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Alfred »

I don't have Adobe Premiere (or Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign!) but from what I've read it should be able to 'see' any fonts placed in the %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts folder. If that is correct, then you don't need to use MainType or any other font manager for this.
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
Gethin

Post by Gethin »

Hi There,
Yeah I'm not going to start moving fonts into adobes font folder - and that requires a restart anyway as far as I know. The whole point of a type manager is to avoid this sort of faff! :)

A free trial of premiere is available. I'll try contacting adobe I'm sure they'll hop to and fix this issue straight away (bwah ha ha ha)