Does anyone know which system font is missing?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
suechastain

Does anyone know which system font is missing?

Post by suechastain »

This is a screen shot of my Windows 10 calculator app. The red squares mark where certain glyphs are not showing. This started when I was evaluating several font managers before I settled on MainType. I just don't know which font is the missing one to get things back to normal. Does anyone know?
2016-04-12_18-53-38.jpg
2016-04-12_18-53-38.jpg (26.82 KiB) Viewed 3919 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Does anyone know which system font is missing?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The simplest solution may be to do a System Restore to a date before you started evaluating font managers. You will have to then reinstall MainType, but it doesn't take long.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I'm not sure but Segoe MDL2 Assets might contain some of the missing characters.
Calculator.png
Calculator.png (10.98 KiB) Viewed 3913 times
Segoe MDL2 Assets through MainType.png
Segoe MDL2 Assets through MainType.png (57.81 KiB) Viewed 3913 times
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
suechastain

Post by suechastain »

Segoe MDL2 Assets is installed, and every other version of Segoe as compared to my other computer. So weird!

Would prefer not to do System restore because it's been months. Maybe the system file checker repair will work. I will try it later.
suechastain

Post by suechastain »

It gets weirder... the glyphs came back!

Yesterday I shut down MainType and FontService. I copied all the Segoe fonts into the font folder, then restarted font service and maintype. No change to calculator.

This afternoon I noticed the calculator glyphs are back. I didn't restart my computer or anything. I still have some missing glyphs on the start menu and action center, so I will still do system file checker.