Counting fonts error!

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Cbass

Counting fonts error!

Post by Cbass »

Hello,
I am encountering some issues with Main Type 7. However I have recently upgraded to the Standard Edition following the free trial period I am not able to handle the fonts.
I am fully aware I have a 10.000 fonts limit with this edition of the program and for this reason I have only uploaded almost 9.000 fonts however after a couple of days work activating and deactivating the fonts I do not use the system has counted up to 16.000 fonts. I have removed from the system the folders I was not using wishing that I could start working again however the system has not reduced the number of fonts preventing any activity of installation as well as the use of the program.
A font manager system should be able to recognize the fonts already uploaded in the system to avoid recounting them again especially considering you have set a limit to the number of files. Additionally when I delete a folder the fonts should also be deleted from the program and Main Type should not keep counting them otherwise it reaches the higher limit very easily although it is not properly true!
By reading into your forum it looks like this is a recurring issue, you should sort it out quickly!
Is there a way to avoid this problem? I need fonts on my pc!
Erwin Denissen

Re: Counting fonts error!

Post by Erwin Denissen »

MainType will recognize all active/installed fonts as well as all fonts it found in the font folders you provided to it.

If you need to reduce the number of fonts to stay within the 10K limit, then just select fonts inside MainType and select Delete from the Edit menu.

Do make sure you select an option which actually removes the fonts from MainType (choice 2 or 3):
deletefonts.png
deletefonts.png (15.65 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
Let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology