Font Preview has Stopped Working

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
dominik

Font Preview has Stopped Working

Post by dominik »

Hello,

this is my first post to this forum. In my installation of MainType the preview of fonts has stopped working.

What I mean by this is not the preview in the "Sample" or "Zoom" window but the column in the view fonts list.

I could post a screenshot but am not aware how to do this.

Thanks for any help,

d.
Main Type Professional 7.0.0 (Build 1026) - Windows 10 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Font Preview has Stopped Working

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Your question is unrelated to the thread in which you posted, so I have moved it to the support forum.

Open the drop list to select the Fontname or Preview Text, or type your own text.

To attach a screen shot, use the Attachments Tab below the message editing forum.
Font Preview.png
Font Preview.png (15.2 KiB) Viewed 4272 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The previewing might be disabled, If you have more fonts than allowed by your license. But then you also see a clear message about this. If you missed the message, but did go over the font limit, then either upgrade or downsize your font library.

However since you have the best license (professional edition) for our font manager MainType, this is clearly not the case.

Maybe you accidentally disabled font previewing. Ensure this toolbar icon is enabled:
MainTypePreview.png
MainTypePreview.png (41.64 KiB) Viewed 4270 times
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
dominik

Post by dominik »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Your question is unrelated to the thread in which you posted, so I have moved it to the support forum.

Open the drop list to select the Fontname or Preview Text, or type your own text.

To attach a screen shot, use the Attachments Tab below the message editing forum.

Font Preview.png
Hi Bhikkhu Pesala,

thank you for moving my question to the correct forum.

Now I also see the Attachments Tab. Perhaps it was not available for me as a new and unapproved user?

After all, Erwin Denissen's post solved my problem. I accidentially toggled "font preview" to off. In other words MainType is working as expected and the user was too unexperienced to find the correct answer.

Thank you for helping me with this and your time.

d.
Main Type Professional 7.0.0 (Build 1026) - Windows 10 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
dominik

Post by dominik »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Maybe you accidentally disabled font previewing. Ensure this toolbar icon is enabled:

MainTypePreview.png
Hello Erwin Denissen,

thank you for pointing me to the toolbar icon. I, indeed, had the font preview disabled. I can't remember, though, that I was doing this :(
I have switched to MainType only a couple of months ago and obviously need to get used to it a little more.

Just as a feedback: I was looking in the "View" menu for a toggle command but could not find one. Perhaps it would be a nice addition if in a future version this functionallity could be added?

Kind regards,

d.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

dominik wrote:Just as a feedback: I was looking in the "View" menu for a toggle command but could not find one. Perhaps it would be a nice addition if in a future version this functionallity could be added?
Good idea, and easy to implement, so expect to see it in the next upcoming update!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
dominik

Post by dominik »

Erwin Denissen wrote:Good idea, and easy to implement, so expect to see it in the next upcoming update!
Excellent! Great that a stupid error turned into something positive. :)

d.