Unable to move/delete font from my hard drive

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Canay

Unable to move/delete font from my hard drive

Post by Canay »

I am using Main Type 4.5 and Windows 10. After refreshing my font folder and bringing some fonts into Main Type, I want to move the font on my hard drive to a different location. I get a message in windows that says "can not move font because a folder or a file in it is open in another program." I have closed all other programs, and I have done multiple reboots but I still get the message. I don't know if this is a Main Type issue or a Windows issue but in all the years I have never had a problem moving fonts after they are in Main Type. Any suggestions?
Erwin Denissen

Re: Unable to move/delete font from my hard drive

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Is it a specific font?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Canay

Post by Canay »

There are two
Open Sans and News Cycle
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Did they come with some software you installed, or did you manually install them?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Canay

Post by Canay »

I downloaded them from the internet. I had Main Type refresh the folder. Then I had Main Type install them. I've only used the fonts in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.
Canay

Post by Canay »

I don't think this was a Main Type issue. I did a lot of research on the web and tried many different suggestions. Nothing worked, even trying a program called Unlocker. In desperation I remembered a program I bought years ago called Revo Uninstaller. I was able to locate the original installation file and yeah it worked. Thanks for your help. At least my new download folder is cleaned up for now.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Good to know it is not a MainType issue, and great that you've managed to solve the problem.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology