Dark Crystal fonts not sorted correctly

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Woody72

Dark Crystal fonts not sorted correctly

Post by Woody72 »

I have two Dark Crystal fonts in my font library folder. Both are recognized by Main Type, but only one is at the top of the 'D' fonts where you'd expect it to be (Dark Crystal Outline). The other (Dark Crystal Script) is down in the middle of the R's, between Register Sans BTN and Revelation BTN Cond.

I thought the file might be corrupt, so I deleted and replaced it twice (from 2 different download sites) and it always goes back to the same place. Two other programs I've tried display them together, but I've fallen in love with Main Type and have no intention of going back to anything else. Has anybody else seen this? Thanx for any suggestions.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Dark Crystal fonts not sorted correctly

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The font is corrupt. It is named, not as "Dark Crystal Script," but as "Regular," hence its position in MainType after Register Sans and before Revelation BTN
Dark Crystal Properties.png
Dark Crystal Properties.png (16.16 KiB) Viewed 2910 times
Try the version from Free Premium Fonts
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Woody72

Re: Dark Crystal fonts not sorted correctly

Post by Woody72 »

Thanks for your help, and the tip to try 'Free Premium Fonts'. Don't think I've been on their site before, but was very impressed. And their file did resolve my problem.

Thanks again,
Woody