Character Map in MainType and CorelDraw

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
kimbodesigns

Character Map in MainType and CorelDraw

Post by kimbodesigns »

Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (292.09 KiB) Viewed 4421 times
Can anyone help with this? My Character map does not display all the characters. Image 2 shows what MainType 9 shows and image 1 is what my CorelDraw shows. Clearly this font has more characters than what MainType is displaying.
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (195.98 KiB) Viewed 4421 times
Erwin Denissen

Re: Character Map in MainType and CorelDraw

Post by Erwin Denissen »

MainType shows exactly the number of characters in the font, but within CorelDraw you enabled an option to show all glyphs.

You can click the "Unicode" toolbar icon to show all glyphs, but unfortunately you won't be able to copy and paste them, as glyphs are not equal to characters.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Character Map in MainType and CorelDraw

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

When you click the Unicode icon to display glyphs instead of characters, unmapped glyphs will be displayed as for the sfi glyph in my font.
Unmapped Character.png
Unmapped Character.png (13.29 KiB) Viewed 4407 times
In your font, several glyphs are unmapped alternative forms of A, B, C, etc. In CorelDraw, these extra glyphs can be displayed in CorelDraw by enabling Stylistic Sets or Swash Variants, depending on how they are encoded in your font.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486