Registration code

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
JimyD

Registration code

Post by JimyD »

Hi I have been away from graphics for a few years. The registration code I have is for FontCreator v5 and MainType v2. Will these work on the latest versions or do I have to install the old version register it and update it. Would be allot easier for me to just download latest version and put the codes I have if I can do that.
Thanks
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Registration code

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Your versions are too old to qualify for Upgrade Pricing. Your product key will only work for FontCreator 5.0 and MainType 2.

MainType 9.0 is free for non-commercial use, but has fewer features. You can try it out for as long as you want, until you need the extra features.

Comparison Chart
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
JimyD

Post by JimyD »

Thank you for your reply and I sort of figured that it was too old. There are several font apps out there I just used this for PainShop Pro when I was using XP and was used to it. With windows 10 still trying to get used to it and its stronger security which is still giving me problems. I am not sure if the version I have will even work with windows 10. So may not have choice but to use the free version of this or another font manager.

Sort of off topic but getting hard to find anything for psp that is free and all my forum psp graphic and tut sites are gone. Guess that is what happens when you get old. I just want to sort of play around and was going to use the tuts to get back some knowledge I seem to have lost with old age.
Thanks again
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I suspect that FontCreator 5 will work with Windows 10. Version 6.5 does. Try installing your old programs and see if they work.

IrfanView will open PaintShop Pro images. It is free for non-commercial use. Only €10 for commercial use.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
JimyD

Post by JimyD »

Thanks for the info Bhikkhu Pesala I will try that and see.
Thanks for the replies I appreciate it