Icons for flags/status and detachable tabs

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
FLEB

Icons for flags/status and detachable tabs

Post by FLEB »

I have just picked up the program, and I'm definitely considering a buy, but there are a couple things that I'd really like to see in the program, from a usability standpoint:

There are a few columns in the font list pane that are really not best suited to text representation-- Font Status, Font Type, Monospace Yes/No, Symbol Yes/No, and Embedding. It would help deter the feeling of "information overload", as well as better use the real-estate, if there were small colored or iconic graphics in place of text descriptions. Status, especially, would do well to have an iconic representation.

Also (and this is just a minor point), I'd like to have the tabs (Active/Browse/Groups) detachable, so I can place them around the window and view two at once, since a fair amount of my management is going to consist of dragging items from one to the other.

Thanks!
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It sounds like a good idea to change the text to icons for some of the columns. Font Status and Font Type are already available as a combined icon in the Preview Text column.

You can drag and drop fonts from one pane to another; while dragging fonts just move over the Pane tab to move to another pane.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology