Database?

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Piyono

Database?

Post by Piyono »

Hi, I was posting here back in February, asking about the possibility of MainType including a database. My main concern was the time I've invested in organizing my fonts into folders—not wanting the files to be shuffled around, and the ability to add one font to several groups (say, a different group for each job) without creating duplicate font files.

Have either of these concerns been addressed in 2.0? If not are they on the drawing board?

Piyono
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You can now create shortcuts to fonts in Maintype so that you don't have to duplicate fonts that appear in more than one group.

What's new in MainType 2.0

My Review

I believe that the Database request is on the Wish-list, but it is unlikely to happen soon. MainType 2.0 was a significant upgrade made quite recently.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Yes, it is still on the wish-list. But before such a rigorous change is made, we have to make sure it benefits all (or at least most) existing customers. Otherwise we might need to add it in a new tool for advanced users like you.

Maybe the shortcut feature is all you need, so do let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology