Another suggestion for MainType

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
Fred Goldman

Another suggestion for MainType

Post by Fred Goldman »

When printing it would be nice if you could choose which character set to print. Currently you can only choose all character sets or ASCII. This makes it difficult for someone working in a language other than English.

I just realized something else that would be nice: An option to view the Unicode value in the characters pane.
Fred
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Hi Fred,
When printing it would be nice if you could choose which character set to print. Currently you can only choose all character sets or ASCII. This makes it difficult for someone working in a language other than English.
This request is already on the to-do list, it might make it into the next release.
I just realized something else that would be nice: An option to view the Unicode value in the characters pane.
Do take a look at the Options window:
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Fred Goldman

Post by Fred Goldman »

Hi Erwin,

I'm guessing you mean the code point?

I think this is different from the Unicode value. For example capital A is Unicode vale 0041

http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0000.pdf

But Arial font in MainType shows capital A as 65.

You would know better than me, but I think this is the glyph index, whereas I'm looking for the Unicode value. In FontCreator there is in fact an option to have the Unicode value shown when viewing all the glyphs.
Fred
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Fred Goldman wrote:I think this is different from the Unicode value. For example capital A is Unicode vale 0041

But Arial font in MainType shows capital A as 65.
Value 0041 is in Hexadecimal notation, while 65 is in decimal. You can change the Value formatting setting on the Options, Appearance tab.

My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Fred Goldman

Post by Fred Goldman »

Aha, perfect!

Thank you.
Fred