I like having some of my more ornate fonts in hard copy so I print a lot of sample sheets. The following enhancements would make things easier:
- Put "Print Preview" on the toolbar, there's loads of room (you can probably put some commonly used layouts on there too).
- When the Ptint dialog opens the default for General/Range is All Fonts; if more than one font is selected it should default to Selected Fonts. It saves a click and is more intuitive.
- I'd like to see a single page option for fonts with limited character sets (like ornamental caps) that will scale the font size up so the entire set fills a sheet. For fonts containing large glyphs (like the calligraphic frames font) I'd like to see subsets printed at about 240 pt.
All in all though Main Type is an excellent package and although the database paradigm takes a little getting used to it is certainly faster; however a seperate font browser would be nice for perusing large CD-ROM collections. Also a couple of user-defined fields for classifying fonts without formally grouping them would be handy; the field groups could be implemented in the User Views.
Thanks again for a great product - Peter B.
Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 6308
- Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:41 am
- Location: De Bilt, The Netherlands
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest