MainType crashes with Font folder open

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Brother Gabriel-Marie

MainType crashes with Font folder open

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

Hello all!

I have tried this a couple of times now. When I explore the fonts folder on the C drive (either from explorer OR from MainType's prompt) Maintype consumes 100% of my CPU and freezes. Task Manager will free it after a minute or so. Why does this cause a crash?

Thanks
Brother Gabriel-Marie
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Hi Brother Gabriel-Marie,

MainType should never crash, so I would really like to look into this. I'll contact you early next week.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

Greetings in Our Lord and Blessed Lady!

I am running the latest version, 2.1.1. I have rebooted several times since then and the program seems to work fine now. I am not sure what happened, but I think it is something in my computer and NOT MainType. I deleted a little freeware extension called "Actual Booster" which concentrates the CPU on the program that is in focus. Maybe that was it. I ran a virus check with AVG and found nothing. I've had no problems since I made the report to you; but if it happens again, I will try and record all the details I can. Sorry for the alarm.

Thanks!
Brother Gabriel-Marie