Properties information not correct

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
ijc

Properties information not correct

Post by ijc »

The Information Properties dialog is not updated if viewing multiple versions of the same font name. For example, install latest version of a font, view properties, use browse to access older font of the same name, the properties information does not change.
The font files in this case contained different contents, different font creation dates, different file dates. The properties information reflects the installed font. This was found on NT and XP.
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Post by Dave Crosby »

Did you un-install the font before making changes?
Windows Font Folder does not like that.

Be sure to work from a new folder and use different font names and file names for each version.
Aut nunc aut nunquam
ijc

Post by ijc »

Correct me if I am wrong, but the properties information should reflect what has focus, if the active tab has focus, the properties should reflect the font that has been highlighted in the active window.

If the Browse tab has focus, and looking at a different folder at font files with different file names, but the same font family name, the properties should reflect that. The don't.

I am guessing that the properties information is being read first from the registry??

Even if the font is uninstalled, the properties information remains the same in the browse window, which is incorrect.