Main Type Window Disappeared...

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
TheGraphicsFactory

Main Type Window Disappeared...

Post by TheGraphicsFactory »

Hard to explain. Been using for months with-out problems. Then today, while looking through fonts, attempted to minimize and the window disappeared! The icon appears on the toolbar as if the program is running, and a "picture" of the window appears when you hover over the icon as if the program was running. But, when you click, nothing happens. If I open the "Task Manager", and right click on "Main Type" I try to "Maximize". Then all that appears is the "title bar". My only choice to click the "X" to close the program. Minimizing here makes it disappear. It is as if it is running off my desktop.

Running Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium

Any ideas???
Erwin Denissen

Re: Main Type Window Disappeared...

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I don't understand what is going on, but maybe this leads to an answer:

Is the "On close minimize to System Tray" enabled in the Options dialog?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
TheGraphicsFactory

Re: Main Type Window Disappeared...

Post by TheGraphicsFactory »

Like I said...hard to explain. After trying to "Restore Down" (previously I said "Minimize", but that is not correct) I couldn't get to the Options dialog box, because the only thing visible when the program was running was the title bar at the top. I'm back up and running now. Here is what I discovered and had to do.

First, I did a system restore to a previous restore point. I was then able to open and run the program like normal. That meant it was some kind of registry issue. So, again I attempted restore down. And, again it "disappeared". So, I returned the restore point back to current. I uninstalled the program and attempted to reinstall. But, that did not correct the problem. So I uninstalled again, this time using Revo Uninstaller, which allowed me to find all the leftover tracks in the registry. After that I was able to reinstall, and run normally.

Thanks,
Mike