The Quick Search sometimes doesn't work [Solved]

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Enigma

The Quick Search sometimes doesn't work [Solved]

Post by Enigma »

Sometimes the Quick Search stops working. In my active fonts, I searched for "arial" and tried everything to make it work, but without success. Only when I closed MainType 4 and reopened it, it worked.

I hope the bugs and crudities will be taken care of quickly... I haven't had much fun using MainType 4 yet - version 3 is a much more mature product.

The offer for the introductory upgrade price ends the day after tomorrow. Well, for less than 30 bucks I guess I'll buy the upgrade, but I'm far from being convinced.

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: The Quick Search sometimes doesn't work

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Bugs cannot be fixed if they cannot be reproduced, and I cannot reproduce this. It is possible to search by Font Name, Family, or Foundry — checkout the drop down by the search field. Searching by Foundry for "Arial" will find nothing.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Bugs cannot be fixed if they cannot be reproduced
I'm a web developer, so I know that all too well. :wink: I didn't refer to this special bug; I was just a little bit frustrated at that moment...
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:It is possible to search by Font Name, Family, or Foundry — checkout the drop down by the search field. Searching by Foundry for "Arial" will find nothing.
I've seen that and tried to make it work by choosing "Font name" and "Family", but it didn't work. I had to restart MainType. Until now this happened only once, but I didn't spend that much time with MainType - it's not one of my central tools...

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
León Fridsma

Post by León Fridsma »

In some rare cases MainType loses connection to the fontservice without notifying the user, but then a "Loading..." overlay should remain be visible. And without a way to reproduce this issue I'm afraid it's going to be very hard to track a bug (if any). Also please note that the quicksearch ALWAYS searches your ENTIRE library, NOT the view you have currently selected.

León
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Do let us know if this happens again, as we are not able to reproduce this problem, but want to fix it.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Erwin Denissen wrote:Do let us know if this happens again, as we are not able to reproduce this problem, but want to fix it.
Unfortunately I don't have much time to care for my fonts at the moment, but I'll have an eye on it.

Cheers,
Jan