"Another MainType client is already running" [Solved]

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
72dpi

"Another MainType client is already running" [Solved]

Post by 72dpi »

I've just upgraded to your last version (which I regret).

If I close MainType and try to start it again I get the following message:
Another MainType client is already running
I really hope you update with a bugfix real soon...

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Cheers.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: "Another MainType client is already running"

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

72dpi wrote:I've just upgraded to your last version (which I regret).
I don't see any support questions by you about MainType 4 so what problems are you having? Please post in the support forum.

I wasn't able to reproduce the bug you reported on Windows XP Home SP3. How long did you wait between exit and restart?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
72dpi

Post by 72dpi »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:I don't see any support questions by you about MainType 4 so what problems are you having? Please post in the support forum.

I wasn't able to reproduce the bug you reported on Windows XP Home SP3. How long did you wait between exit and restart?
This isn't a support request, but a bug report. I managed to fix it myself by shutting down all the MainType-processes and start them again.

I waited minutes and perhaps an hour or two before trying to restart MainType. Then I killed the processes and it worked.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Usually MainType closes within a split second, but in rare conditions it might take a little longer.

We have just (half an hour ago) released another update, (get it through the update feature within MainType), that should prevent this from happening again. Now at most you'll have to wait for 90 seconds for MainType to fully quit.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology