Make changes to "active list," jumps to top [Solved]

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
kidjedi

Make changes to "active list," jumps to top [Solved]

Post by kidjedi »

If you're viewing the "active font" list and you uninstall a typeface (click the green dot), Main Type 5.1 automatically takes you to the VERY TOP of the list. This is incredibly annoying when you are towards the bottom of a long list.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Make changes to "active list," automatically jump to top

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Confirmed. I guess the active fonts list does need to be updated since the font is no longer active, however, it is not convenient to lose one's position in the font list.

The behaviour is not quite so bad if uninstalling or installing fonts from the Library list — but the list still jumps. In this case, it moves the uninstalled/installed font to the bottom of the pane.

The way that I usually install/uninstall fonts is using the Quick Search field, so I have never noticed this behaviour before.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I can't agree more. Very annoying so I'll make sure this is solved with the next upcoming release of MainType.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We've just released a minor update that solves this issue.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology