First Experience with MainType Plugin for InDesign CS5

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Brother Gabriel-Marie

First Experience with MainType Plugin for InDesign CS5

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

Salvete! It has been a long time since I posted here! I just upgraded to Adobe InDesign CS5 and want to try out the new MainType 5.1's plugin.
So, here is my first experience with it.

In InDesign, I see a menu with "Plug-Ins" that has only one item, another menu, "High Logic" which has only one other menu, "High Logic FontHandler", which also only has one entry, "Options". You have to navigate three submenus to get to the item command, and those submenus are entirely empty other than the submenu. You should look at the first attachment, because the menu is redundant and quite cumbersome.

Next, when I do select Plug-Ins > High Logic > High Logic Font Handler > Options, all I get is an empty window (see the second attachment).

In MainType's Plug-In manager (see attachment), it shows the plugin version 1.1 for InDesign CS5) as installed and not in need of an update.

I can confirm that the FMSProxy service IS running.
I've restarted InDesign and MainType both and the plug-in still doesn't do anything.
Attachments
Plug-In Manager showing active plugin
Plug-In Manager showing active plugin
screenshot_MainType (MainType - Windows Font Manager)_001.png (8.53 KiB) Viewed 6831 times
CS5's plugin options window
CS5's plugin options window
screenshot_Adobe InDesign CS5 [InDesign]_003.png (3.13 KiB) Viewed 6831 times
screenshot of the looong menu sequence in InDesign CS5
screenshot of the looong menu sequence in InDesign CS5
screenshot_Adobe InDesign CS5 [InDesign]_002.png (10.22 KiB) Viewed 6831 times
Erwin Denissen

Re: First Experience with MainType Plugin for InDesign CS5

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I've moved the post to the correct forum.

The plugin will only try to load fonts that are not loaded but required by a document that is being opened in InDesign.

So if all is well it won't do much :wink:

We added the menu items mainly for future use, so for now it is indeed confusing. Sorry about that.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Re: First Experience with MainType Plugin for InDesign CS5

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

Hello, Mr. Denissen, thanks for the explanation.