5.1: Extra font images exported [Closed]

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
MikeW

5.1: Extra font images exported [Closed]

Post by MikeW »

A quick search didn't find a hit...

I just exported selected fonts using HTML Export. During the uploading, I noticed far more images than should have been included. And there were. I tried it a few different times to make sure.

In every case the HTML Export's Index Page only had links to the relevant individual pages and they only displayed the selected fonts. But MT 5.1 still exported images of seemingly random non-selected fonts.
Erwin Denissen

Re: 5.1: Extra font images exported

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I can confirm this issue, but don't know why this happens. Good catch!

We will add this to our bug list.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I've further looked into this issue, but from I can see, all works as intended. All I did see was a couple of image files that where from a previous HTML export task, as I used the same output folder.

When you generate a web-based collection of fonts, you can select to override existing files, but that won't delete other files.

Try to export to another (new) folder, and let us know your results!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Thanks, Erwin.

Yes, I was mistaken. I guess where I got caught up was the export dialog's "Overwrite existing files (.html .gif .png .css .ico)" checkbox. I think the confusion was thinking this would delete the existing files if they were not part of the current export.

Take care, Mike