v6.958 Incorrect Font Properties Panel Data

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Brother Gabriel-Marie

v6.958 Incorrect Font Properties Panel Data

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

Working with FontCreator and MainType, I updated my font and adjusted the em spacing from 2048 to 1000 and the font revision from 1.305 to 1.306 and then exported the font.
Then in MainType I refreshed the library and pulled in my new font.

However, when I view the font's properties in MainType - for the font with the new version number 1.306 - it shows old em width data of 2048. In fact, it shows version number 1.302.
But if I double-check and open that very font in FontCreator, I can see the correct units per em value there.
Therefore, I conclude that MainType is not pulling the right font properties data.
The data is correct in the main listview but not in the Font Properties panel.

Now, I *think* this is caused by the search filter. I have my font's name in the search filter, and when I refresh the library, the filter is in place, and the new font version appears there in the filtered list.

When I clear the filter, I get an Access Violation:
Access Violation
Access Violation
screenshot_MainType (MainType - Windows Font Manager)_001.png (6.83 KiB) Viewed 6962 times
However, I click okay on the access violation box and continue. Then I click on "Active fonts" then "library" and then set the filter again to my font to show me the versions available. The Font Properties are still wrong. Both versions of my font report version 1.302 in the FONT PROPERTIES panel. In the main listview, however, THE VERSIONS ARE CORRECT.

MainType Version 6 build 958.
Erwin Denissen

Re: v6.958 Incorrect Font Properties Panel Data

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It shows accurate information here:
Priory.png
Priory.png (144.59 KiB) Viewed 6959 times
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Erwin,
Okay, now switch between those fonts and see if the Font Properties *Panel* changes.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Of course I did check it, and it did show all correct :D
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Okay, well, something is causing my MainType to malfunction, then!

So, I had to restart MainType. Now it's working correctly. Must have been something in the sequence of install/delete that caused the hangup.