Placing Accents on Characters

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
Shahryar Shaheen

Placing Accents on Characters

Post by Shahryar Shaheen »

I need to place Accents on Top and Bottom of Characters I do not want to have PRE-MADE ACCENTED CHARACTERS. For example I need to Type (A) and then by pressing Shift+F10 place a (..) Double Dot at the bottom of (A). Or by pressing F11 Place a (...) Triple Dot at the top of it.
And I need to be able to do this with Every Character.

Could you please help?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

What has this got to do with Font Creator?

Are you trying to edit a font, or trying to use a Word-processor?

If the latter, then please ask on the Open Office Forums.

If you're trying to edit fonts using Font Creator, then perhaps we can help.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Shahryar Shaheen

Placing Accents on The

Post by Shahryar Shaheen »

This is already done on Asian Character Sets. When you Type Shift+A/S/D/F it places the relevant accent on the Character.
I was wondering, wether this is MIcrosoft rules or characteristics built into the character set.
On the other hand I tought you may know of other languages that may use same characteristics as English Alphabets but the rules may include random Accenting of characters. I can use an extended character set like Arabic or Farsi to do this but unfortunately they type from Right-to-Left.

Your help is greatly appriciated in this matter.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Note: this is not related to the creation of fonts, so I've moved this topic to the General Font Discussions forum.

Maybe one of these keyboard layout tools can help:

VirtualWare ParaWin, klm32 Keyboard Layout Manager, Tavultesoft Keyman and Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology